Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fruit drinks

Fruit liquor is commonly used in homemade medicines by older people in my area. This is where you take fruit combined with sugar and moonshine in a mason jar and you let it sit for a few weeks for the flavors to mingle. This can then be used as a drink or a tonic. It can work great for a cough and is yummy when heated. 

I have been delaying seeing a dentist for a loose bridge. This was a money thing. I didn't want to hear it was worse than I feared. but lately it was becoming extremely painful and had to go to sleep at night. I broke down and the dentist was able to see me on Tuesday... 

At first he thought it was broken. Which meant he couldn't fix it. Then he saw it was just unseated on one end but "he thought" the tooth in front needed a root canal. I told him I could not afford the root canal. he said he understood and preceded to work. At some point I realized he was doing the root canal anyway! I thought, okay, well guess what, Doctor? I will be making payments on this visit whether you like it or not...!

As it turns out, he did it for free. FREE. A root canal for FREE!!! I feel so blessed. I have never been there when he didn't discuss how he saved money here or there and how he hated the insurance companies because they didn't pay enough... And he did this for me. 

Then I came home and checked the mail and there was the letter saying my application for health insurance had been approved! So I am now insured. 

My daughters had registration for school and came home excited about the school year.  
A great day that I owe all to God!!!

I had noted on my fb that something bad would happen on Wednesday because that is how the devil worked but for Tuesday I was happy! 

And I did hear from Mark on Wednesday. and you know what? He didn't seem all that important. 




3 comments:

  1. :) you have good karma. and you have a great dentist---never stop seeing him! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tina, what great news. Root canals are so expensive. I have to have one done soon, I know, and am not looking forward to it. As I always say, the rumor that God is good is NOT a rumor.
    Nope! He is wonderful. So happy he blessed you so greatly. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for your blessings! That NEVER would happen to me.He would chrg me the full amt and then some. LOL I went to the oral surgeon to see about removing my 2 bad tooth. I got bad news, REALLY bad bews and a little more bad news. To sum it up, I have to get the 2 teeth pulled and a bone graft-1400.00. The really bad news was if he does ONE implant it would cost nearly 3 grand, and the more bad bews is that crown for the implant is 1057.almost 6 gtand. RIDICULOUS. They are the 2 teeth next to the back on on top. The hole may not show too bad if I go without the implant so I don't know what I'm gonna do. Sigh. Pick the right 6 numbers for the Power Ball would be ideal. LOL Anyway, I didn't mean to make an entry in your comment section.Glad things worked out for your tecent troubles. Hope the good Karma keeps coming your way.

    ReplyDelete